Splish, splash, splosh

03/04/2013




Whenever I buy a pair of shoes, I'm reminded of one of my favourite children's books, Alfie's Feet, by Shirley Hughes. Our cheeky protagonist tends to get a little too splash-happy when he encounters a puddle, so his Mum decides it's time to replace his boring, brown lace-ups with shiny, yellow wellington boots. 
With every new pair I take home, I still feel that rush of excitement as I fumble with the tissue paper and steadfastly refuse to take them off until bedtime.  

I settled on these Adonis boots from Topshop after finding myself in a similar situation to Alfie - It seems all of my shoes have seen better days and I couldn't bear the squelching any longer. 

I'm off to find a puddle so I can splish, splash, splosh, all day long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Little Window All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger